Search This Blog

Friday, 31 October 2014

Craft: Last Minute Halloween Costumes for Kids

I enjoy doing the occasional craft project but when it comes to costumes I generally buy the lightweight kind that one can find in the shops. Sometimes, though, the littlies come up with costume ideas that are impossible to find and I am forced to nip to the haberdashery and haul out my trusty sewing machine. Here are two quick and easy costumes that I found on Pinterest and was able to make very quickly. I am by no means a sewing expert - I only did sewing for one year at school when I was 13 years old -  so if I can do it, I imagine most people should be able to make these too!




The Last-Minute Kids Owl Costume was surprisingly easy to make. I enlisted the help of my lovely husband to help me cut out the feather shapes and decided on a muted palette of beiges, browns and purples. I used one of my old black fitted tops and littley wore it as a dress! I decided to make an embroidered mask instead of a card one, as I didn't think the card would last very long. This took a bit of time but I was pretty happy with the results.

Yes, I know that Knight's costumes are pretty easy to find in the shops but fussy Littley insisted on a yellow and black colour scheme. Cue frantic sewing. Since I had a bit more time for this costume I also made this Knight's Helmet and Shield and then with some slinky fabric made a pair of leggings using an old pair as a pattern. I decided on a yellow fringe on the sleeves and hem to match the lion rampant embellishment.

Happy Halloween!

Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016