Search This Blog

Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Life: Sleeping Aids (or How I Travel to the Land of Nod)

My journey to the land of nod is often delayed by the myriad thoughts bustling through my brain. I've found, however than there are a few things I can use to make my journey smoother, which help me to have a good night's sleep.




The Aromatherapy Associates Relax Candle is all kinds of wonderful. I light it in the evenings and I can immediately feel the tension in my shoulders disappearing. I am running low but will definitely be repurchasing this candle. I love using the This Works Deep Sleep Bath Soak as cold weather treat. After spending some time in the cold winds walking the puppy, I am sometimes chilled to the core, and a bath not only warms me up nicely, but also relaxes me wonderfully. One sniff of the salts has me dozing in the bath!

I always make myself a cup of camomile tea before bed and my current favourite is the Twinings Calming Camomile Tea. I have a sip or two before bed and then drink the cold tea if I wake up during the night. This helps to keep my mind from racing in the middle of the night. At bedtime I usually spray my tongue with the Bach Flower Remedies Rescue Night Spray or apply the Tisserand Sleep rollerball. but if this does not do the trick I spritz my pillow with the This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray, which works every time. It does smell quite strongly of lavender though, so if you do not like lavender, this probably isn't for you.

Please also refer back to my previous post on dealing with stress here.

Clementine.






No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016