Search This Blog

Friday, 28 November 2014

Running: Getting Back on that Horse - Running Post-Injury

After 7 months of not being able to run, I can happily say that I've finally gotten over my injury. I had no idea that it would take so long before I'd once again be able to don my running shoes and let me tell you, that first run felt fantastic!



It has been very frustrating to find that my fitness levels had pretty much plummeted back down to zero, but I have been able to increase my mileage just a bit with every subsequent run. I am running these short runs in barefoot-ish trainers as these seem to keep injuries at bay, for me at least, but the podiatrist has suggested that I try out my more supportive shoes every few days. We'll see how that goes because the last thing I want is to have a relapse.

I love running in the autumn. Despite growing up in a warm country, I am definitely a cool weather runner and with the leaves turning and the Scottish countryside looking oh so pretty, I am having a ball.

I am keen to build more core strength so if you have any Youtube videos to suggest, please do let me know.

Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016