Search This Blog

Friday, 2 January 2015

Life: Kickstarting a Healthy and Happy 2015

It's always the same. I start December with very good intentions to eat healthily and then it always falls apart quite messily by the end of the year. I managed to keep going on the yoga and meditation front, but diet-wise I succumbed to the tempting delights of Christmas food. I am determined to start the year on a health kick, and hopefully carry the lessons I learn in January on further into 2015.





1. Dry January
I don't drink very much alcohol at all, but over the past few years, I've always started my year with a dry January. My weight tends to creep up over December , what with all the mince pies and sneaky glasses of prosecco, and a dry January guarantees me losing the extra weight without even trying.

2. Water my Body Challenge
I often forget to keep myself hydrated and decided that I needed to do more to tackle this. I've started using the free Water Your Body app, here/here over the past few days and have found it so successful at helping me reach my water allocation for the day, that I plan to carry on using it for the foreseeable future. The app reminds me at preset intervals to "water my body" and allows me to track my water consumption on the app. So far, so good and after just a few days, my skin is already looking more hydrated.

3. Perricone Diet for skin and hair
I've fancied doing the Perricone 3 day (wrinkle-free) eating plan for skin and hair ever since I saw Caroline Hirons Instagram a picture of her glowing skin after following this diet. I don't like the idea of a diet to lose weight, but I'd like to see whether a 3 day diet rich in salmon has any visible effect on my skin and hair.

4. Yoga Challenge
I've just completed Erin Motz's 30 day yoga challenge with DoYouYoga and enjoyed it so much that I'm about to embark on a 4 week yoga challenge with her on a Bad Yogi Youtube Channel. Yoga has helped me so much in the past few months. I've become physically stronger, am sleeping better and generally have  a much greater sense of well-being. I hope to make Yoga a permanent part of my life.

5. Headspace Balance Pack
Over Christmas I completed a mindfulness meditation pack for Happiness on the Headspace app. I am now starting another pack which aims to teach about attaining a feeling of Balance in the mind. I really cannot recommend the Headspace app enough. For whatever reason I found mindfulness meditation really difficult before using this app. I won't say that it's now easy, but I do find myself feeling more committed to a daily practise of mindfulness meditation and can already feel a change in my approach to life.

So there you have  the five steps I will be taking in January to become a healthier and happier me in 2015. Do you have any plans for anything similar?

Happy New Year!

Clementine.

* update 8/1/2015  check HonestMum.com for more Brilliant Blog Posts



No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016