Search This Blog

Friday, 6 February 2015

Life: A Healthy and Happy 2015 - Update 1

We're well into 2015 now and I thought I'd update you all on my progress regarding the Kickstarting a Healthy and Happy 2015 post.




1. Dry January
I do "Dry January" every year and normally quite enjoy it after the excesses of December. This year, however, not having an occasional glass of wine felt particularly hard, especially when I cooked some lovely meals. Not drinking any alcohol did, however, help me to shed the weight I'd gained over December so it played it's role. My first sip on February 1st of a particularly delicious Thelema Chardonannay (2010) was heavenly!

2. Water My Body Challenge
Getting myself to drink the recommended amount of water every day had always been a challenge but this app has really helped to keep myself hydrated. I've met my target every day and will definitely continue using the Water Your Body app as the year progresses at least until drinking enough water every day becomes a habit.

3. Perricone Diet for Skin and Hair
On paper the Perricone 3 day Diet sounded fantastic. I love salmon and berries and melon, but when I was forced to eat it for nearly every meal over three days, it didn't feel that great. My skin did feel very soft after the diet was completed, though, and was clear and glowing, but I'm still not sure whether I'd do it again. For someone who doesn't diet, it was a bit of a baptism by fire! What I did realise, though, was that I'd been eating a lot of sugar over December (I blame the mince pies!) and Day 1 of the diet was quite hard as a result. I have learned to control the amount of sweet treats I allow myself. I don't even have a sweet tooth so I'm surprised that the habit of having biscuit after walking the dog became a thing!

4. Yoga Challenge
I completed Erin Motz's Bad Yogi 4 Week Yoga Challenge and concurrently did her 10 day Abs Challenge twice. I enjoyed my daily yoga practice so much that I've now embarked on Yoga with Adriene's 30 Days of Yoga Challenge to keep going with a daily practise.

5. Headspace Balance Pack
I really enjoyed the Headspace Pack on Balance and feel that it's already changed my approach to the stresses and strains of my life. I am now committed to a daily practise of meditation and have started a new Headspace Meditation Pack on Relationships which I fit in 15 minutes before I start my day.

NEXT STEPS
Over February, I'd like to build on the progress I've made last month. Instead of a diet I plan to eat healthily and have also started a course of Imedeen Derma One to see if this has any effect on my skin and hair. I will report back!

How are your New Year's resolutions going? I'd love to hear.

Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016