Search This Blog

Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Crafts: Book Review - Cute and Easy Costumes for Kids by Emma Hardy

I've made a fair few kids' costumes now and find that the main problem that I encounter almost every time is the lack of a good pattern. My sewing skills are pretty basic, but I'm usually up for a challenge and decided to find a pattern book to try to brush up on the sewing skills that I learned in my first year of high school, forever ago.




I bought a few sewing books,  but the one I find myself returning to again and again is Emma Hardy's Cute and Easy Costumes for Kids. So far I've made the Little Red Riding Hood Costume from the book, but I've also used a few patterns as a template for others. In fact the lion pattern is so useful , that I've already used it to make a camel costume and an eskimo costume, though for the latter, the pattern for Little Red Riding Hood's hood came in very useful.

The book contains 35 dressing up patterns and includes pull-out patterns which I trace onto tracing paper when I need them. The instructions are clear and easy to follow and I've really enjoyed learning how to sew again, especially when every single costume I've made using this book have been well-received by the littlies.

I really cannot recommend this book enough, if like me you're a bit rusty with the sewing machine and want some easy projects to get you going. 

Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016