Search This Blog

Friday, 6 March 2015

Life: A Healthy and Happy 2015 - Update 2

The month of February was a little less healthy, due to me succumbing to my first cold of the winter season. I still managed to stick to my routines though, so here is the latest update (previous posts are here and here) of my progress towards a Healthy and Happy 2015!




1. Water my Body Challenge
I am still using this app and found that on the days that I didn't use my phone, I really struggled to keep up my fluid intake, and ended up with headaches and a horribly 'bleuch' feeling! I think I still have a way to go to make drinking water regularly more of a habit. I'll definitely be using the app until remembering to drink becomes second nature.

2. Imedeen Derma One
I was presently surprised after just a month of taking the Imedeen Derma One dietary supplement. My skin is blemish-free and has a glow and my hair, according to my hairdresser, "is in fantastic condition from root to tip". It's hard to stop now after that compliment.

3. Yoga Challenge
I've just completed 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene which means I've now being doing daily yoga for 3 months. I am more toned in my upper body than I've been in a while and am really enjoying my daily practise. I am keen to keep going with daily yoga so would appreciate your suggestions of other yoga teachers or challenges on Youtube.

 4. Headspace
I completed Headspace packs on Relationships and Acceptance and found that even from the first session, my approach to people changed. I always wish people well, but this feeling has been amplified which is a lovely feeling. It has also helped me to separate the person from the behaviour, which I've found immensely useful when I find myself in challenging situations. Next up is a 30 day meditation pack on Stress, which I'm looking forward to as March is turning out to be a very busy month.

5. Next Steps
After breaking my little toe around Christmas time, I've been unable to run. It has since healed and I'm hoping to get back into running. I've tried a few short runs to test my foot and all seems well. My aim for the month is to get back up to running 10km.

I would also like to increase the amount of time I spend meditating every day from 15 minutes to 20 minutes. Setting my alarm clock for just 5 minutes earlier hardly seems a hardship.

I'm also plan to introduce dry body brushing into my morning routine.

Let's see how it goes.

I'd love to hear how your health and fitness resolution are going.

Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016