Search This Blog

Friday, 3 April 2015

Life: A Healthy and Happy 2015 - Update 3

The month of March was a little less active that I'd hoped it would be, but it was probably the busiest month I've had in a very long time. Unsurprisingly, I succumbed to another malingering cold and now two weeks later and I'm finally back to normal. What a relief! I surprised myself by not beating myself up over being ill, instead I enjoyed the time off as much as I could. Despite lapsing on some things, I have made progress on others and so here is the latest update (previous posts are herehere and here) of my progress towards a Healthy and Happy 2015!



1. Water my Body Challenge
I am still using this app and find that keeping op top of my fluid intake is definitely becoming more of a habit. I am still using the app to work out how much to drink when my weight fluctuates at certain times of the month or when I've gone for a run.

2. Imedeen Derma One
I've noticed a distinct difference in the strength of my fingernails this month. They're growing much faster and remain unflakey despite a few housework sessions without wearing Marigolds. My hair and skin are both clear and healthy looking. I think that I'll continue taking this supplement for one more month.

3. Yoga Challenge
This month, I worked my way through quite a few Yoga with Adriene playlists, mainly concentrating on the Vinyasa series, Yoga for Weightloss and Yoga for Healing. I'm keen to increase my daily yoga session to 45min/60min so we'll see how I get on in the next month. I've also started doing a short Bad Yogi Yoga for Better Sleep practise every night to help me to relax before bed and so far it is working a treat.

 4. Headspace
I spent the month of March working my way through a 30 day Headspace pack on Stress. I managed to increase my meditation time to 20 minutes and found it an absolute treat to relax myself fully before starting my day. I'm also planning to do a 30 day Headspace pack on Sleep, which I hope will teach me a bit more about unwinding before bedtime.

5. Next Steps
Unfortunately being ill this month, prevented me from working on my running mileage this month. Normally I'd be really hard on myself about not running but I think that I'm learning to be kinder to myself. I'm still hoping to do a half-marathon later in the year, and plan to increase my mileage slowly. This time, though, I plan to hold on to the enjoyment of running rather than turning it into a chore.

I've done dry body-brushing every morning this month and still find it painful. My skin is smoother and softer though, so it is doing something. I'd appreciate any of you letting me know of any benefits you discovered after dry body-brushing.

My plan for the month is to learn to relax more. I'll let you know how I get on.

I hope you all have a lovely April.

Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016