Search This Blog

Wednesday, 3 June 2015

Food: My Herbal Tea Recommendations

I love, love, love the smell of freshly brewed coffee but unfortunately coffee and caffeine really do not agree with me. I generally allow myself one cup of builder's tea in the morning and then enjoy some herbal tea throughout the day to keep myself hydrated. 



I occasionally swap out the builders tea for green tea, but as I find the taste a bit too bitter I prefer to drink a flavoured green tea like the Twinings Green Tea with Tangerine and Verbena. I do suffer the  caffeine effects of green tea, so it's not something I indulge in too often. 

My favourite herbal tea is Rooibos tea, which I drink with no milk or sugar as I find that it has its own natural sweetness. I prefer the Tick Tock brand as this is the one I drank throughout my childhood in South Africa, and it brings back lovely memories whenever I see the packaging. Rooibos tea has many health benefits and I drink it when I have any ailments, especially tummy concerns. 

My favourite tea brand of the moment is Pukka. I drink a cup of Three Cinnamon as a midmorning boost and a cup of Three Mint after dinner each evening. I flit between Peppermint and Licorice, which is quite refreshing, and Lemon and Mandarin (with Lemon Verbena), which tastes strangely spicy and is a lovely accompaniment to an exotic meal.

At bedtime I mostly drink Twinings Calming Camomile as it helps me to relax in the evenings. Occasionally though, when sleep proves elusive I will drink the Pukka Night Time Tea which has a heavy lavender flavour, so I'd recommend you steering clear if this isn't to your taste.

I'd love to hear your herbal tea recommendations.

Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016