Search This Blog

Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Life: A Healthy and Happy 2015 - Update 6

I feel incredibly relaxed right now, a bit like the calm after the storm, after a very busy end of June. I've been pretty active this month which has done wonders for my mood. I always find that regular exercise generally means a happier and more relaxed me. Hopefully spending time outside with the kids during our unusually hot summer (thus far) will make me feel even better!


1. Yoga Challenge
I've gotten back into daily yoga this month which has meant that I've been sleeping much better and the usual aches and back pain have diminished. I completed the  30 Days of Yoga with Adriene Challenge and promptly restarted the program. I've been running more regularly and want to keep all injuries at bay, and a daily routine of stretching seems to be doing the trick thus far.

2. Headspace
I completed two Headspace Pro packs and marvelled at how my mindfulness meditation practise has developed. There are two more Pro packs in the series and I hope to do these later on in the month, but for now I'm working through a new 30 day pack on Self Esteem. 

3. Food
I'm continuing to follow a gluten-free diet and am hoping that the IBS recedes with some lifestyle management and relaxation over the summer. I plan to slowly introduce a bit more gluten into my diet over the course of the month and hope that my system doesn't protest after the break.

4. Running
I've finally signed up for a half-marathon (in September) and have actually been enjoying the training thus far. I've gradually been increasing the distance of my long run beyond 10k, and surprisingly my body isn't protesting too much. I'm trying everything I can to remain un-injured this time round as I'd hate to pull out of the race like I was forced to do last year!

5. Dry June
Dry June went remarkably well, and despite not being much of a drinker, I felt so much healthier for it. That said, I celebrated the start of July with a lovely glass of Prosecco over dinner. I'd like to watch my alcohol intake while I'm training, so still plan to drink very little in the coming months.

6. Next Steps
My plan is to spend as much time as I can with my husband and kids over the summer. I'd like as much family time as possible over the next month so would like even more no-phone days as these have been so good in keeping me fully present when I'm with the family.

Wish me luck!

My previous Healthy and Happy 2015 Update is here.

Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016