Search This Blog

Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Life: My Summer 2015 Reading List

Reading was my first true love. I read vociferously but when life becomes hectic, this pastime becomes sadly neglected. However, this changes as soon as I set off on my summer holidays. I take along quite a few books, as I read a book, on average, over 24 hours. I'm one of those readers who'd rather finish a book than sleep. Afternoon naps are therefore compulsory!


This year I'll first be reading the tongue-in-cheek, How to be Parisian Wherever You Are, written by a quartet of Parisiennes( Sophie Mas, Audrey Diwan, Caroline de Maigret and Anne Berest). I've been eyeing this up as a light read for a few months now, so am looking forward to this one.

I've picked a trio of novels this year, not a light-hearted one among them! I Let You Go by Claire Mackintosh, Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey and The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty are all psychological mysteries with great reviews. Great reviews don't of course mean that I'll like them, but I'm hoping that they live up to their promise.

I've tried to make my life a more organised one this year, and The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying by Marie Kondo comes highly recommended. I'm trying hard to rid my life and home of clutter, possibly a by-product of meditation and I'm eager to learn more from this book.

Finally, my serious read this summer, is one my husband has been talking about! Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari. This book discussed how our species dominated other human species, where we've come from and where we're going. I'm intrigued!

What are you reading this summer?

Clementine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All Images Copyright Clementine Buttercup 2016