Linguini alla Puttanesca

I love cooking and I love recipe books. This year, however, I've tried to be better about not buying too many new ones. My aim this year is to really get to know my current library of cookery books and discover at least one new recipe each week.





Puttanesca is one of my favourite pasta sauces to cook at home. I thought I'd perfected the recipe to my taste until I discovered Anna de Conte's version as seen in her wonderful book, Cooking with Coco, a book I first discovered at the library and then subsequently bought at TK Maxx. In it she talks about cooking with her grandchildren and trying to instil in them a love of cooking.

Anna del Conte's puttanesca sauce contains anchovy, tomatoes, chilli, garlic, capers, black olives, parsley and olive oil and omits the usually ubiquitous tuna. I served mine with linguini, substituted green olives for the black and also grated over some lemon zest. Absolutely delicious and enjoyed by all, including the little people.

The recipe can be found here.

Clementine.

Comments

Popular Posts