Food: Lobster, Lobster, Lobster in New England

I embarked on our New England trip determined to eat as much lobster as I could. Can you tell that I love lobster? Here are a few of my favourites:

Shuckers, Woods Hole, MA
I've been eating whole lobster since I was little, so donned my bib and brandished my pliers like a pro. Lobster and potato salad on the same plate - I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! Errrr, foodie heaven.


JT's in Brewster, MA
Lobster dripping with drawn butter is a favourite childhood memory so this was bound to be my favourite. The lobster was sweet and delicious and was complemented really well with the crisp pickle.




The Lobster Shack at Two Lights, Cape Elizabeth, ME
Some of my favourite memories of food are associated with a particular setting and I will always remember eating this very juicy lobster roll at a picnic table while the spray of the Atlantic Ocean blew over our tables. Mayonnaise and lobster is a match made in heaven - add crinkle cut fries into the mix and wow, I was a very happy girl. Don't forget to order a mini blue-berry pie. THE BEST PIE EVER!


Chatham Pier Fish Market, Chatham, MA
The most humungous lobster roll I've ever eaten in my life. I'm not overly fond of celery but the addition of celery salt remained on the favourable side of tasty. I ate this while watching seals cavorting in the harbour with a huge side of onion rings and a root beer. Life was good!


I've returned five pounds heavier. Understandable and totally worth it!

Clementine.

Comments

Popular Posts