Food: Fusilli with Blue Cheese and Mushrooms Sauce

The way to my heart is definitely through my stomach. What can I say? I'm greedy? Pasta with Blue Cheese and Mushroom Sauce was the first meal my lovely husband cooked for me many moons ago and it's a meal we return to every year as the weather turns cooler.

Pasta Sauce with Blue Cheese and Mushrooms




Ingredients:

1/2 large onion, very finely sliced
25g butter
250g chestnut mushrooms
100ml vermouth (or any dry white wine)
250ml double cream
100g Gorgonzola (or Stilton), chopped roughly
500g fusilli (or penne)
basil leaves, handful

Method:
1. Melt the butter and fry the onion for 10 mins until translucent.
2. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 10 minutes.
3. Add the wine and reduce for 5 minutes at high heat.
4. Turn down the heat and add the double cream and blue cheese.
5. Cook for 10 minutes at low heat, until thick and creamy.
6. Cook pasta separately.
7. Serve up and garnish with basil leaves.
8. Enjoy with a glass of wine (and for me, take a trip down memory lane).

Clementine.

Comments

Popular Posts