This week, I ordered some lamb shank from the butchers and the resulting recipe of Lamb Shank with Prunes can only be attributed to a happy, very yummy accident.
4 Lamb Shanks
a handful of thyme
1 bottle of port
3 carrots, chopped roughly
3 sweet potatoes chopped roughly
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 180C.
2. Lay lamb shanks in a roasting tin.
3. Arrange chopped vegetables around the meat.
4. Arrange prunes around the vegetables.
5. Pour port into roasting tin.
6. Apply olive oil to meat generously and season.
7. Cover roasting tin tightly with foil and roast in oven for 1 1/2 hours.
8. Remove foil and cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
9. Serve immediately.