Fast Apricot and Almond Flapjacks Gluten-Free

My half-marathon training is going very well thus far, but I'm still finding it hard to work out what I need to eat (and when) to keep my body well-fuelled. I've found that eating something small just before a morning run means that I prevent the inevitable energy slump midway through. Peanut butter toast works really well for me, as do these apricot and almond flapjacks which really give me an energy boost. The problem is that they're so good that I have to fight the temptation of consuming all the calories I've just burned, when I return from my run.

Apricot and Almond Flapjacks (Gluten-Free)

Fast Apricot and Almond Flapjacks


Ingredients
225g unsalted butter
225g demerara sugar
75g golden syrup (squeezable bottles easiest)
225g gluten-free porridge oats
50g chopped dried apricots
50g whole almonds

Method
1. Melt butter, sugar and golden syrup in a pan over a low temperature.
2. Add dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Place into a greased brownie/flapjack tin (30cm x 23cm), flatten with a spatula and bake in a pre-heated 160C oven for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
4. Allow to cool and then cut into squares.

Makes 24 large squares or 48 smaller ones.

Clementine.

Comments

Popular Posts