Moroccan-Inspired Hummus

The weather has been unusually pleasant lately which generally means more relaxed eating in our house. I've been baking my own bread again, which is always such a rewarding task and complementing this with homemade hummus, which in my experience always tastes better than the shop-bought stuff.  I'm always very surprised as to how quick and easy it is to make my own hummus, especially if you already have a can of chickpeas to hand. I generally prefer a flavoured hummus and this time came up with a Moroccan -inspired version, using spices that I always have to hand in my store cupboard. 

Moroccan-Inspired Hummus

Hummus with Moroccan spices



Ingredients


400g can of chickpeas, drained
4 tbsp olive oil
juice and rind of one lemon
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp tahini
1 tsp sweet smoked paprika
1 heaped tsp sundried tomato paste
1 clove of garlic

For the topping
1 tsp ras el hanout


Method
1. Combine the chickpeas, olive oil, lemon, salt, tahini, paprika, garlic and sundried tomato paste in a food processor, until smooth. I use my little mini-chopper.

2. Top with the ras el hanout.

3. Enjoy with freshly baked bread.


Clementine.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts