Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter and Apple

The mornings are always a rush in our house. The kids have to be fed and chivvied along to get themselves ready for school, the dog needs to be played with and fed, I need to get myself showered and ready for the day and then I also need to eat a bit of breakfast. A big breakfast usually leaves me feeling lethargic, so I prefer a smaller breakfast which usually comprises of a slice of gluten-free toast  and a swipe of crunchy peanut butter. As an alternative I also enjoy a small bowl of overnight oats, which sets me up nicely for the day and saves the time I spend waiting for my toast to brown. 

Overnight Oats with Peanut Butter and Apple

Overnight Oats recipe with Peanut Butter Apple Cinnamon




Ingredients

1/2 cup porridge oats
1/2 cup milk
1 tbsp  peanut butter
1/2 apple, grated
1 tsp agave syrup
1 tsp cinnamon

For the topping:
handful of raspberries
handful of flaked almonds

Method

1. Combine oats, milk, peanut butter, agave syrup apple and cinnamon in a small bowl. Mix thoroughly ensuring that all the dry ingredients are covered by the milk.

2. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave overnight in the fridge.

3. In the morning, give the oats a good mix before topping with raspberries and almonds. 

4. Enjoy!

Serves 1.


Clementine.

Comments

Popular Posts