Spicy Breakfast Tortillas

My daily battle in the kitchen revolves around me getting my 5-(or 7 or 10) a day. I always hit my 5 a day but if I want to get even close to the latter, I absolutely have to have some fruit or veg at breakfast time. Smoothies are one way of doing this, but I prefer those as a mid-afternoon pick-me-up before driving the kids around to their various activities.

These breakfast tortillas are a great way of using up those little bits and pieces in the fridge and are super tasty. I like mine spicy with dollops of sour cream and creamy avocado. Try these on mornings when you fancy a change or when you're fancying a cooked breakfast with a difference.

Spicy Breakfast Tortillas


Breakfast Tacos




Ingredients
2 eggs
1tsp butter
1/2 tsp chipotle paste
2 tortillas
100g green lentil and kidney bean mix (1/2 pack)
1 tbsp jalapeƱos, sliced
2 tomatoes, chopped finely
1/2 avocado, sliced
1/2 cup sour cream
50g feta cheese
1/2 pack coriander, stalks removed
1 lime
1tbsp olive oil

Method
1.  Whisk eggs with chipotle paste. Melt butter in skillet over low heat and add eggs. Scramble slowly until just set but still creamy.

2. Divide eggs between two tortillas (concentrate everything on one half of the tortilla). Follow with the lentil/kidney bean mix, jalapeƱos, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream, feta, c coriander leaves and a quirt of lime. Fold tortilla in half.

3. Heat olive oil in a clean skillet which would fit the tortillas. Fry tortillas for one minute on each side.

4. Eat immediately.

Enjoy!

Clem



Comments

Popular Posts