Spiced Apple Madeleines - Gluten-free

As the nights draw in, I find myself slipping into hibernation mode, a sort of hunkering down, which makes me keen to get the house in order. While most people generally do spring cleaning, I find myself doing more cleaning in the autumn. If I'm to spend more time in the house, I'd prefer it being clean and tidy. 

I've also been baking and experimenting with some autumn flavours and I'm sure it is no surprise that my favourite baking ingredient is cinnamon. My Spiced Apple Madeleines are made using spiced apple puree, which keeps them beautifully light and moist. 

Gluten-Free Spiced Apple Madeleines

gluten-free madeleines


Ingredients:

For the Spiced Apple:
2 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
60g demerara sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg

75g butter (melted)
1 large egg
75g caster sugar
75g gluten-free self-raising flour, sifted (I used Dove Farm)
1/2 tsp baking powder

Method:

1.  Cook apples, demerara sugar and spices in a saucepan over a low heat until apples are golden brown. Allow to cool and then puree.

2.  In a separate bowl, cream the egg and caster sugar with a mixer.

3.  Slowly incorporate the flour and baking powder with the mixer.

4.  Add the apple sauce.

5.  Slowly incorporate the butter, while mixing continuously.

6. Transfer a tablespoon of mixture to each greased madeleine mould and put into fridge for 30 minutes.

7.  Cook in a 200C oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

8.  Makes 18 madeleines.

Enjoy!

Clem.



Comments

Popular Posts