Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Bread with Aero Bubbles

Today's post is one which I was encouraged to write after responding to an Instagram post by My Golden Pear who wanted to know how her followers' chocolate banana bread recipes varied and I realised that I'd never ever posted my recipe to my blog.

Leftover bananas in our house always get made into banana bread. I'd tried various iterations and was never wowed by any of my variations. Chocolate banana bread, however, is always a highlight and has been known to surprise even those firm "I don't like banana" folks, some of whom inhabit my house.

While refining this recipe, I firstly tried using chocolate chips but found that the chocolate chips often sunk to the bottom or were not distributed evenly. However, this recipe uses Aero Bubbles, which I used once by accident, and now use every time. The Aero Bubbles  tend to float to the top which makes a lovely topping. The addition of egg whites makes this gluten-free cake rise beautifully. Such a lovely tea-time treat.

Gluten-Free Chocolate Banana Bread with Aero Bubbles 






Ingredients
175g gluten-free self-raising flour
175g caster sugar
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
2 large bananas, mashed
100ml vegetable oil
3 medium eggs, separated
50ml milk
100g aero bubbles (add to final batter)

Method

1. Set oven to 150C fan assisted/ 180C.

2. Combine the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder and cocoa powder).

3. Combine mashed banana, egg yolks and milk in a separate bowl and then add to dry ingredients.

4. Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks and then slowly fold into the cake batter until no white bits remain.

5. Add the aero bubbles to the batter and fold until thoroughly dispersed.

6. Pour the batter into a greased 2lb loaf tin lined with baking parchment.

7. Bake for 45 minutes - 1 hour. Check that it's not browning to quickly after the first 1/2 hour and if necessary cover with tin foil for the final 15 minutes of baking.

Enjoy!





Clem.


Comments

Popular Posts